The Days of Noah

"For as in those days which were before the flood they were eating and drinking, they were marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark." Matthew 24:38

I thought I could sleep in today, but alas, I was wide awake at just after 6:00 am. As hard as I tried to close my eyes and convince myself I was still tired and there was nothing I needed to get up and do this early on a Saturday morning, my efforts were futile.

I turned on the television to check out the weather and other overnight news. "I won't even entertain the question, it is going to happen," I heard a geriatric looking gent say. And of course I heard the commentary criticizing and making fun of his message:

Today at 6:00 pm is the End of the World.

No wonder I woke up!

Let me just be clear and go on record before I go any further. I do not believe the Rapture of the Church will occur at 6:00 pm on May 21, 2011. I won't bother quoting scriptures to refute the message or rebuke the man.

But...

Two weeks ago, my friend was preparing to go about his day. It was May 7, 2011. He stepped into the shower. I can't tell you what his plans for the day were, but I can safely say he did not think it would be his last day of consciousness.

He suffered a massive heart attack. His wife heard his body hit the ground and she rushed in and called 911. That day was not the end of the world, but it was certainly the end of their world as they knew it.

We do not know what this day holds for any one of us. Will we go to the grocery store and have a catastrophe hit us unaware? Will an earthquake shake the foundation of the house we live in? Will someone we love and cherish say their last words to us? Only the Father knows such things.

I am not ridiculing the messenger or the message. We MUST be about the Father's business. We MUST seek first the kingdom of God. We MUST be about the Father's business. We MUST be ready to give a reason for our faith in season and out. We MUST be about the Father's business. We MUST live each day truly, as if it were our last. We MUST be about the Father's business.

Because we might just step into the shower...

"Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the Lord your God, for He is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and He relents from sending calamity." Joel 2:13

The clock IS ticking
Safely smiling in His service,
Charlynn

Please continue to pray for my friend and her family. Her husband was transferred to a long term acute care facility yesterday. He is still unconscious. He does not know today may be the end of the world. He does not know his shower is over.


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Popular Posts