When?

"..when did we see you hungry, and feed You? Or thirsty and give You a drink?". Matthew 25:37-38

When will I get an update sent out? 
When will I get Christmas decorations up?
When will I get Christmas presents bought (much less wrapped)?
When will I finally get a chance to ________?

Fill in the blank with your own last minute "To Do" item as we count down the final days before we celebrate Christmas, exhale, and collect the wrapping paper trash probably and bit more thankful that "it's over" than thankful for the Birth of a Savior.

I've been busy and I know you have too! It is just the season for it. And just as I was all excited and ready to do the things I really NEEDED to do (like communicate ministry activities), the Lord open the floodgates, and I am choosing to say "of opportunity," because truthfully it feels like a Tsunami I'm about to drown in.

This past year marks the longest period of time I have been in the United States in 27 YEARS. As I encounter friends the first question I am asked is, "where are you off to next?" My time in the USA has been focused on building a website of resources for our Military men and women, and their Caregivers. For the past six years as I have worked with these true heroes, I have been broken-hearted to hear their stories of frustration and the devastation they faced as the bureaucracy (the VA) failed them.
Our website (www.battle-buddy.info) has been fully operational since July and has over 32,000 hits. Our "Info" cards can be found in VA Hospitals, Vet Centers and by the Hand of God even at the military installation in Osan, South Korea!

Ten days ago, I contacted an organization to add as a resource. The President of the company then politely replied, "No, YOU are our resource!" I was confused. She (Susie Jennings) then went on to explain how Operation Care International was hosting "the largest Christmas Party for the Homeless" in the country. She explained how they honor Veterans at the event and need "veteran resources." "Okay," I responded and found out the details, 8,000 homeless people!!! Probably close to 500 of that number veterans.

The Lord has blessed me with an amazing team of volunteers that just happened to be available. Truly, there are more miracles than I can even express right now because, I need to make my way to the Convention Center for a walk through.

Please consider Sunshine After Rain Ministries (and Battle-Buddy.Info our military initiative) in your Year-End giving and definitely in you faithful prayers!

December 20, from 7:00 am - 3:00 pm we will be assisting the homeless, as the come through to receive all we have to offer. There are several big events that assist the under-served this time of year, but the heart of Operation Care International (www.opcare.org) as well as our heart - is to see the lost FOUND! To say to the captive (in the bondage of poverty and circumstance) BE FREE! Those the Son sets free are free indeed.

Pray the Good News is proclaimed boldly
Pray the Resources are of assistance
Pray the broken are ministered to well
Pray the Spirit of God moves in a mighty way
Pray we finish strong, having fought the good fight on behalf of our military!

"Then the King will say, 'I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me - you did it to Me.'" Matthew 25:40

Looking straight into the face and heart of my Master
He probably will not be clean-shaven, or have on a warm coat to fight the winter chill

Charlynn

Sunshine After Rain Ministries is a 501c3 all donations are considered tax deductible. To make a donation by credit card online, please visit our website:
www.sunshineafterrain.org

Or by post:
Sunshine After Rain Ministries
10024 Regal Park Lane
Suite 217
Dallas TX 75230

Popular Posts