In the Air Again

It is early morning in Dallas and once again I find myself sitting in the airport and waiting for the "boarding call." This trip doesn't take me over oceans, but to the plains of Montana to celebrate the 75th birthday of my friend J. The Ps, are the missionaries I have worked with in China for the past 8 years. One of their students (now a businessman in Shanghai) is even flying in for the event.

I am excited to be part of this time of a life well lived in service to the King. As a young man J served in Singapore/Malaysia planting churches and evangelizing. A few years ago he and his wife D returned to celebrate the anniversary of a church he was part of starting. The children (and children of children) are mighty servants, pastors and evangelists and continue the harvest!

Praise God for those willing to go and go and go at sacrifice of comfort, family and all things familiar.

I praise God for the opportunities He has given me to minister to thousands of students and orphans these past 8 years in China. It is only through the faithfulness of these and others in the "field" doing the day in and day out "work" that allows me to gather fruit I did not sow! Thank you for being a part of the gathering and watering - now pray for more sunshine than rain!

Popular Posts