Global Debt Crisis

"This is a terrific responsibility. Is anyone competent to take it on?..." 2 Corinthians 2:16

My time here in China is coming to a close. Today (it is already Thursday morning) I will be packing up and preparing to "move on." Tonight will be my last encounter with students. A select few will gather at my friends apartment for "English Corner." It will give them an opportunity to have conversational English. These evening meetings are small intimate gatherings designed to give students an environment where questions with depth can be asked and deeper answers can be given.

"...We stand in Christ's presence when we speak; God looks us in the face. We get what we say straight from God and say it as honestly as we can." 2 Corinthians 2:17 The Message

For the past week I have been watching the international news in the evening. There is also a program called "Dialogue" with an anchor woman who interviews leaders on current hot topics in the headlines. The "Global Debt Crisis" has been in the news every day as well as American pressure for the Chinese to do something about their currency. As I listen, my head just starts spinning. "What? What are they talking about? How can anyone fix this?"

In my confusion about global issues, lack of knowledge about monetary valuing and de-valuing, I realized it is the reason I came to China in the first place. I have THE answer!

I share during the question and answer time with these bright and eager university students the TRUTH. It is not about money, information, medicine or even people. The only thing that has the power solve the problems is knowledge of the Living God and what His love compelled Him to do. He sent His Son to pay the Global Debt! "For God so loved the world..."

Just in case you are wondering if I really had a chance to say such things in a "closed" country, the answer is, yes, many times over. The Truth was proclaimed in different and unconventional ways, but remember Jesus thanked the Father, for revealing wisdom to the simple and not the wise. (see Matthew 11:26)

You have supplied a "farmer" to plant seeds in the hearts of over 500 university students. You have practiced pure religion undefiled by reaching orphans at the Tai'an children's home. You have been faithful to ask the Lord of the Harvest! He has answered your prayers.

We shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves!

The Harvest is bought and paid for - debt free indeed.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Popular Posts