Disturbed in Dar

"Weeping my be for a night but joy comes in the morning." (Some Psalm I'm too tired to look up)

We're whipped!

After eight hours in the car from Korogwe, we arrived in Dar es Salaam.  We did not have a room reserved so we took our chances at the Catholic Hostel where we stayed our first night.

My Director of Operations agreed to check out the room selection just to get out of the car. I was afraid I'd loose my testimony if one (or the swarm) more fly needed to be swatted away from my mouth. In ten thousand ways my spirit shouted T.I.N.A. (This Is Not America) but

I am an American in far more than ten thousand ways.

Now cloaked in another mosquito net with the discotheque music of a wedding RIGHT outside my window blaring away I'm realizing how much the enemy of our souls is a THIEF in the night!

We finished the work set out for us before the foundation of the world began. The feedback from all we encountered was positive and a blessing. It was difficult on a daily basis, it was a consistent challenge, it was also blessings in abundance.

I'll be better able to reflect when I'm not straining to stay sane.

Pray for peace in the midst of the beat bass of the African drums.

Realizing the myriad ways I'm blessed
Fighting the rest
Charlynn

Popular Posts