Throw Yourself into this Work


"Similarly, anyone who competes as an athlete does not receive the victor's crown except by competing according to the rules." 2 Timothy 2:5

The transition bags are filled with sunscreen, apples, dry towels and wet wash rags. There is GU and Glide and granola. The bikes have been checked in and are locked up for the night in their secure location. The athletes may not be nestled all snug in their bed, but visions of the Ironman ARE dancing in their heads!

I'm trying to think past the lists, and calendars, and nerves about waking up at 4:45. As I sat with my son today at dinner and watched him load up on a full plate of carbohydrates he started laughing and smiled and said, "just think - after tomorrow I won't have to run anymore unless it's for fun. I won't have to swim anymore because I HATE to swim, and I won't have to get on a bike unless I just want to. All this training will be over, the race will be finished and I can just rest."

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith..." 2 Timothy 4:7

One day ALL of us will cross the "finish line" of this life. All the efforts, ministering to others, worrying about the "what if's..." and "why's" will be done! We will experience the joy of the Master and the beauty of His presence, and my friends and cheerleaders, who accompany me on all these adventures - we will hear more than our name called as we cross over* we will hear our King and the choir welcome us home, we are MORE than conquerors (or Ironmen for that matter)!

Pray for a race well run!
Charlynn

*Mike Riley is the official announcer for Ironman events. He calls each individuals name out when the cross through the finish line. The participants can't wait to hear him say, "Greyson Johns (insert each name) from Dallas, TX YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!

Popular Posts