fogged in

not my mind mind you - but the airplane that I was to catch from Beijing to Jinan - where my friends were waiting?! Oh well. The benefits of traveling 21st century style (as opposed to the former brethren) you can know immediately when I have been "shipwrecked" and stopped from proceeding with my journey.

DFW was a travelers nightmare - holiday stuffers. rolling in by the hundreds - irritable to be returning to their real life back in parts unknown - but away from me. And for me - it pays to show loyalty ;o)

In the midst of the luggage line - CJ frequent traveler was able to use her clout (otherwise known as a silver lined card courtesy of Lufthansa. I moved to the front of the line and got bags (heavy as they were) through without any charge or delay. AND for those of you familiar with my special skill - I was only 2.3 pounds off on the "guess the weight of the bag" contest. My bag weighed in at 66.7 (who would have thought beanie babies could be so heavy?!

Laying over in SFO offered the greatest view of the city I have ever seen. I think the pilot was planning to make us all go WOW - as we left the airport arked high into the clouds and he banked right to reveal the glistening Golden Gate herself. Sun shining for all hearts to see where they left them. K and S (you know who you are) I even saw the Cliff House and the bridge that well "lady this is not a good place to stop"

unless of course you are DYING from what your friends got you into!

Good advice - go into the muffin making business - seems it is a real cash earner as the airline was asking $8 for one!! WHAT do I get to fly to Hawaii to eat it?? I'll stick with Mickie D's cholestoral and fat content to send me on my way thank you very much.

I was met at the airport in Beijing by an airline official (it's all in who you know) and he wisked me through customs and explained in broken English and charade movements that the flights tonight have been cancelled due to fog. Oh well again. Whisked off to the underground shuttle for the Sino-Swiss hotel for the evening. It is where all airline crew stay (read as swank) COMPLETE with 10 foot tall Christmas tree in foyer - packages underneath. I had to wonder what they are celebrating (other than the influx of western cash and carry consumers)

I'm off to bed - 14 hours ahead of where you most likely read this from. Keep up the prayers, tomorrow will be interesting in getting me to my final destination. Train, plane, private car??? as yet to be determined. The official was not holding out much hope for the plane.

as for me - I'm always holding out hope

Goodnight from China

Popular Posts