of fog and fleas...


"Praise God in all things"
"Even fleas?!" Corrie Ten Boom asked her sister in the concentration camp. And the answer of course was "yes, even for the fleas, for God has used the fleas to keep the guards away from us and we are able to share the Gospel freely - because of the fleas"

While the fog in China has produced no dramatic visible evidence for its use in the Kingdom realm, it has made me sit, wait with patience, rest (I prayed before leaving for rest) and to watch Him and trust Him fully. I have praised Him for the fog I could see outside and for the "fog" inside too. All the things that are currently happening in my life that I have no clear understanding of, and can't see just HOW He is going to work those things out.

Powerless to change something (like the weather) as well as some of those things that I would like to see changed in others - I must watch, pray and praise Him - Creator of Heaven and earth - fog and fleas.

This morning, the fog is clearing - it is just 7:30 am and already looks better than it has in days. My baggage will arrive on the first plane out of Beijing into Jinan and be delivered by 10:00. We will be on our way by bus (2 hours) to Taian - where the children await eagerly!

We'll be at the orphanage tomorrow at 2:30 for several hours - sharing with the children - joy, laughter and the witness of God's love - that promises He will not leave them as orphans - but will send ....

sometimes a clown
sometimes fleas
sometimes fog

Popular Posts