A Vision

This year we celebrate our tenth year participating in Family Retreat Camp for families affected by disabilities. It will be the first year of "Clown School", for the campers. As I prayerfully tried to create something fun and fulfilling to share the "joy" of the Lord with the kids (ages 5-35) I was reminded of the time in 1997, hearing Joni Erickson Tada on the radio, discussing the first Family Retreat camp. My ministry was just getting started, but I thought "what a great place for a Clown School". I wrote the corporate office in California, explaining my idea. I got no response, UNTIL a year later when the Dallas area office opened. They called asking me to participate in another event. I replied, "Yes, I will do the event, but only if I can come to camp." They laughed, I laughed and I have been laughing, and experienceing the delight and deep happiness every year since. To see others (ones often ignored or heered) in an environment where they can be totally silly, where everyone laughs WITH each other, everyone is accepted and delighted to make others happy.

It always surprises me to see teenage boys (who are volunteering) put on big floppy hats with roses and feathers. It is one of the few places on earth kids (young and old) are completely safe to make "a fool: of themselves for the sake of others.

"We are fools for Christ." 1 Corinthians 4:10

I thank you in advance for your commitment through prayer and giving, to the work of Sunshine After Rain Ministries. In ten years over 150,000 people have been ministered to in 15 different countries around the world. That's a lot of smiles, more than a million miles, and your bank account in heaven filled with deposits increasing and gaining interest!

My prayer for you is for a heart of gratefulness for all the Father has given you, in resources, health, family and friends. We are ONE body, when ONE suffers we all suffer. There are no disabilities in heaven; we will all be changed, perfected in His image, and we will all still be smiling in His service!

Popular Posts