Safe and Sound

It is a dreary Wednesday morning here in Jinan. After 24 hours of travel, plane rides, taxi drives and the burden of 200 pounds of "goods for services" - I arrived late last night. Sleep was fitful on the Chinese version of a mattress (closer to a floor than a bed), but I rested and now I'm ready to get started. My tiny room looks like a clown factory exploded with all the toys, trinkets, props, red wig and funny Christmas costume hanging from the doorpost.

Today will be the first University performance for around 150 freshman English majors. My friend discussed the "visitor" worked for a non-profit, but neglected (to surprise them) to tell them I am a clown. They are in for a surprise indeed!

Pray for JOY! A merry heart doeth good like a medicine.

Pray for the question and answer session to open the door to the presentation of the Gospel. Pray for those who know His voice to HEAR the Truth.

Pray for health and stamina. This will be a whirlwind "tour" and I need to remain well and armed against any weapon or bacteria the enemy would try to use to slow me down.

Pray for the real meaning of Christmas to be understood among a people who have eagerly embraced the man who wears a red suit and gives gifts. Pray they understand the gift of the shed blood of the one whose birth we celebrate.

Live from the red zone

Popular Posts