When to Plow and When to Plant


Greetings from SRI LANKA!

It is Wednesday almost lunchtime! I should probably clarify something about the food. Other than it being HOT HOT with chilies - the taste is pretty passable (very similar to Indian cuisine) HOWEVER, the food issue is not the taste but the preparation and cleanliness factor. Most of the food is prepared outdoors (that's right) and the water for washing veggies, plates, etc... has MAJOR bacteria issues. I need protection against the unseen “germs”. Now, you are probably quoting the verse to yourselves (faith is the things hoped for as yet unseen) I have the faith and hope all is protected inside my body!

Monday and Tuesday I performed at three different AED schools for over 400 children and probably 200 adults total. They loved it! As it turns out an official for the city was there and approached me at the end. This man turned out to be a previously very anti-American. However, he was happy with the program and thanked me for coming. God knows when the ground needs to be plowed and when the ground needs to be planted!

Today and tomorrow (Wednesday and Thursday) we are putting together a program for the orphanage and the surrounding neighborhood children. We are finished with the morning session and it went well. There are around 50 kids and they are having some kind of FUN! Friday, A and I along with a family here from the states will visit the southern province and do several performances in that region. It is one of the hardest hit areas from the tsunami.

In a third world country, disease and bacteria are rampant. Along with a few thousand malaria carrying mosquitoes! I am doing everything I can to keep myself healthy - but I also know what works BEST! The travel here is very dangerous. It is some of the WORST traffic situations - with passing trucks on blind hills, erratic driving, etc... The director of AED even had a wreck so - it is not imagining the danger. Yesterday when we were returning - we drove through a Muslim area and there was a MURDERED body still lying in the streets!

Thanks be to the God who hears - In every language - Across every time zone!

Popular Posts