Write it All Down...

"...each word dependable and accurate." Revelation 21:5 The Message

The last day of the year finds me reading Revelation and the final pages of His living Word. I admit I am always excited by the ending. Though the words are familiar, when evil is banished and victory reigns, I get chills thinking about those final chapters of the present world's history. I'm looking forward to the day when the Father HIMSELF, will wipe away every tear and take away all the pain.

I've cried my fair share the past year, but I've also seen and experienced enough real human suffering, to appreciate when ALL that will be over.

When I arrive at a place far from home and way beyond a comfortable zone, I don't need to tell any proverbial "Toto" I am not in Kansas anymore. The filth, the stench and the unparalled poverty keeps me quiet. I'm often asked "how" I can do the things I do, see the things I see, work and walk among the wounded of the world. I know it's a supernatural gift that allows me to survive and thrive, to reap and to sow in the Harvest Fields of the King I love and serve.
The last day of the year millions of eyes will look upward to a vast display of fireworks celebrating the end of the old and the beginning of the new. When I see video footage of the crowds, I am often reminded of the verse, "Look up for your redemption draweth nigh." (Luke 21:28) His Word tells us the WHOLE world will be looking up and witnessing His grand Second Coming. "Look, He is coming in the clouds" (Revelation 1:7) I am sure it will be more spectacular than any New Year's Eve fireworks display! It will be brighter and definitely louder with the heavenly hosts all singing "Glory, glory, glory, Who is, Who was, and Who is to come!"

"And tell them, 'Yes, I'm on My way'..." Revelation 22:7 The Message

We have been dependable messengers of the Good News the past 365 days. We will be dependable until the final day of His return. The clock ending the tax year of 2011 is ticking, but the greater clock of opportunity to share the Gospel is ticking as well. There IS an end to our time on earth, and whether we are "caught up" or are "put to rest" the story's end remains unchanged. The King is coming and before He left He commanded us to, "GO, make disciples of ALL nations."

Take a moment to consider the lost and don't lose an opportunity to share the grace and mercy of Christ.

"It is true that we have lost opportunities that will never return, but God can transform this destructive anxiety into a constructive thoughtfulness for the future. Let the past rest, but let it rest in the sweet embrace of Christ." Oswald Chambers My Utmost for His Highest: December 31


Maranatha

To make a tax deductible year-end donation online, visit our website:
www.sunshineafterrain.org

Make sure your checks are postmarked by midnight.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Popular Posts