A Bucket and a Bar

...of soap that is!

After a grueling 13 hours heading south on the Great Northern Road (from Cape Coast to Cairo), my body is no longer in motion. I definitely felt like a young child on my birthday determined by the number of times I inquired, "Are we there yet?"

We have stopped for the night at the Lutheran campus. We (the Lumwes and I) have been joined by a German missionary who will also teach at the conference. It's a good thing she is fluent in Kisswahili, for we were dropped off quickly as the Lumwes had a funeral to attend.

We scoped out no less than six different rooms (seems there was something miscommunicated on our arrival and needs). I was one screen door away from shouting an un-Christlike "just give me a bucket and a bar of soap and -I'll be good for the six hours we're staying here!"

Saved by the smell of frangipanni or tuberose but none the less saved.

So I offer an exhausted "shout out" of thanks for the well-wishes on my birthday. I can't say it's the "best day ever" but I can definitely exclaim I am in my favorite place on earth. You can't beat that with a stick OR a candle.

The mosquitoes are buzzing around my ears, there's an animal outside making sounds between laughter and a whoopie cushion, and dog-tired doesn't begin to describe my state of exhaustion.

We may or may not eat something, we may or may not have hot water to rinse off, but hey...

I'm a birthday girl, Queen for more than just today.

And that's enough to make me smile
In His service
On the road again tomorrow (FOR
JUST AS LONG),

The Queen of Quite a Lot

Popular Posts