Familiar

Perhaps it is because A and P (the in country missionaries I work with) are from Texas and their “accent” resonates with me, that when I step off the plane in Ghana, and hear their “welcome back” at the airport it immediately puts me at ease. OR it could be the fact it is my sixth visit to this part of the world to participate in the Samaritan’s Purse Shoe Box distribution, which puts me at peace.

The bedroom at their home in Tema I stay in when I visit, is referred to as “Charlynn’s room” even when I am not there. When we arrive, I can quickly unpack and feel right at “home”, right back in their home. When old friends meet, there is so much daily life to get caught up on, we stayed up late (well past 10:00) even though jet lag and was dragging me (and my eyelids) down quickly.

While I was falling asleep, somewhere between the land of unconsciousness and dreams, I felt a sense of disorientation, the “where am I?” come over me. The bed was comfortable, I was (after 36 hours) in a prone position, my pillow from home was over my head (as always to keep me from waking up disoriented) and once again, I was falling asleep about to be about His business.

Seven thousand miles from home, but realizing, whenever and wherever He leads me I AM home. “I have decided to follow Jesus, no turning back, no turning back.”

Popular Posts