Just Around the Corner

A week ago, I returned from the mountain top experience of serving wounded soldiers and their families at the fourth Warrior Getaway. The director forwarded a touching email from one in attendance describing what the respite meant for he and his family.

(paraphrased) "I was ready to give up. I had so many problems I didn't even want to be around to face the holidays. But the volunteers gave me "joy" and I want to stick around and give back what was given to me."

Two days later, Fort Hood came under fire. It was not "friendly." Thirteen soldiers lost their lives and over 30 were wounded - the country was shocked. Here, men and women who VOLUNTER to serve our country and protect our freedom were killed in a senseless act of violence. The protectors - unprotected.

"Friends, when life gets really difficult don't jump to the conclusion that God isn't on the job."

What is happening in our world? What happens in the heart to create such catastrophe?

"Instead, be glad that you are in the very thick of what Christ experienced."

I am preparing to leave for India this afternoon wondering what I will encounter. Although I have served in this area (Nellore) I still find myself a bit anxious at the thought. The overwhelming poverty, the disease, the broken hearts of those afflicted by leprosy - a curable illness if...
I am holding fast to the promises of the Word.

"This is a spiritual refining process, with glory just around the corner". 1 Peter 4:13

Just around the corner, His glory will be revealed. The suffering over, the questions answered, and all the tears wiped away. (Revelation 21:4). Until then - we must ALL be about the Father's business. As the body of Christ we are ALL enlisted into a volunteer army - sent out into the world to "set the captives free." Life IS difficult. But our God is on the job and our King is on the throne!

Last week, I read this devotion:

"If you are going to be used by God, He will take you through a number of
experiences that are not meant for you personally at all. They are designed to make you useful in His hands, and to enable you to understand what takes place in the lives of others... God's way is always the way of suffering - the way of the "long road home" Oswald Chambers Nov 5

I am embarking on the "long road" to India. I am praying to be useful in His hands. I am entering into the suffering. Join me:

Pray:
For travel mercies
For quick recovery from the journey
For the flood victims in the region we will be ministering to
For the Pastors and team in India
For the hearts of the people to see the One true and living God
For the East West team as they prepare to come on the 15th to northern India
For health and safety
For boldness to proclaim the Good News!
For the remaining $3700 needed for China

Putting one foot in front of the other
Smiling still
Charlynn


To make a donation online please visit our website: www.sunshineafterrain.org

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Popular Posts