Under Fire

Field Marshal Reporting:

Dateline Sunday - Last Day of Spring

There is a battle raging! I have two more days before I leave for San Diego, California to participate in a Warrior Getaway for the Marine Special Operations Command (MARSOC).

I can't remember the last time I felt completely, utterly and totally physically sick, until today. Yes, the grass, mold and pollen is off the charts in the atmosphere, but I also recognize the timing as not without its own significance. There is no doubt, something is happening in the unseen realm.

Unlike the previous five Joni and Friends Warrior events I have participated in, the two for MARSOC
(June and August) are for soldiers returning fresh from the battlefield. They have no physical injuries and will face re-deployment in a few months. The effects of war impact their spouses, and children as well as the challenge they face returning to a home-life normalcy when the sights, sounds and smells of conflict are fresh in their mind.

Our mission as "Paracletes" at the Getaway (remember soldiers never retreat) is to provide a safe place of peace and comfort. We will walk alongside them to encourage them spiritually with the love of Christ. I will be supplying some of the medicine of laughter.

Today I am under "fire."

"When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." Isaiah 43:2

Still a soldier

Popular Posts