Cloud by Day

"The Lord is your keeper; the Lord is your shade on your right hand..." Psalm 121:5

It's over 100 degrees here in Texas, and the nightly news reports of heat waves across the country. Some would say it's global warming, but I remember 1980 when there were 42  consecutive days over the century mark. Those times are seared in my memory, and probably my body - 

I was 6 months pregnant with my first child. 

This is also the time of year when I found myself (still find myself) in "dire" need of funds and prayers. I have my prayerful pleas noted in the margins of the Psalms (where my Daily Reading schedules me). Today is no different,

still, but ...

"Those who sow in tears shall reap with joyful shouting. He who goes to and fro weeping, carrying his bag of seed, shall indeed come again with a shout of joy, bringing his sheaves with him." Psalm 126:5-6

The Psalms of the Ascents were prayed as pilgrims made their way to Jerusalem to celebrate the prescribed Feasts of the Lord. They united the people with their past and brought to remembrance the faithfulness of their God. They prayed about repentance (120), providence (121), worship (122), service (123) and help (124). There were songs of security (125), joy (126), work (127), happiness (128), perseverance (129) and hope (130). All aspects of living,  spiritual life and struggles were addressed; from humility (131), obedience (132), community (133), to blessing (134). God's people remembered, and they prayed.

It's good to remember.  It's good to unite with you in prayer!

For the past 90 days, I have been working in partnership with Homeless Veterans Services of Dallas and the Veterans Resource Center to bring to light efforts in Washington D.C. to privatize veterans' medical treatment*. I've  spoken with Generals and Congressional representatives, Union officials and the leadership of Veterans Service Organizations across the country. In most meetings I have been the only civilian AND the only female. 

"Had it not been the Lord who was on our side, when men rose up against us. Then they would have swallowed us alive..." Psalm 124:2-3

Most days I have felt like the little kid who showed up with the bread and the cheese (1 Samuel 17:17-20), astonished by what happens behind the political curtains. I have kept the faith, and fought the good fight.

The battle is not over, but this  warrior is weary.

Finances are critically depleted. After twenty years in full-time ministry, asking for support has not gotten any easier. But I'm asking. It takes an ARMY to accomplish the work the King has placed before us. We've been fighting on behalf of our nation's heroic men and women through our military initiative Battle-Buddy Info. We've had over 150,000 hits to our resource directory website, and tomorrow, I will be meeting with the most powerful individual in Veterans' Administration.

HELP!

PRAY!

Visit the website and pledge your support for the battle! All amounts matter and make a difference. www.sunshineafterrain.org

Smiling still in His service
Serving those who served,

Charlynn



*For more on the efforts of the Commission on Care to privatize veterans' healthcare visit www.facebook.com/TexasVetsCare or request information from battle-buddy@sbcglobal.net


Popular Posts