Haste the Day...

…when my faith shall be sight.”*

I returned from the fourth Warrior Getaway and collected the mail my neighbor faithfully holds for me while I am away to parts west, east, north and south. I hoped all the financial needs to purchase and fund my December trip to China would be found tucked in the piles and piles of catalogs, coupons and the latest grocery store ads. Alas, it was not.

“Even so, it is well with my soul…”*

During difficult economic times, I understand the reluctance to financially commit to the “unseen” work of the Kingdom. It is the end of the year, Christmas is coming and on, and on, and on. Each morning I have laid my heart at the throne and surrendered to my King. “If You have other plans for me during this season, I am ready.” I have prayed Philippians 4:6 repeatedly: “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, AND THANKSGIVING, present your requests to God.” A close friend and faithful supporter reminded me I also needed to be specific and present my requests to you.

In the eight consecutive trips Sunshine After Rain Ministries has made to China (since 2001), we have ministered directly to over 12,000 orphans and University students. We have appeared on numerous television and radio broadcasts, magazine publications and newspaper articles have covered our trips to the orphanages. This has resulted in exposing the Gospel to literally hundreds of thousands of Chinese who might never have listened except for the Lord using the “foolish” (a clown) to confound the wise. Christmas is one of the best “Harvest” opportunities. China has embraced the Christmas holiday, but few know anything about the “Real Reason for the Season.” Many foreigners take this time of year to share the hope found in the Savior’s birth with friends and acquaintances.

I want to be a part of the Holiday Harvest in December 2009. This covers not just our flight, and in-country costs, but also allows us to bless the orphanages with much needed items for the winter. In past years we have provided winter clothing, warm blankets, winter boots, heaters, air purifiers and common items as simple as diapers and fresh fruit.

Thank you in advance for your support during these last days of “what we cannot see” and have an impact in Eternity.

“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we don’t see.” Hebrews 11:1

Let this blessed assurance control

That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,

* Lyrics from the traditional hymn “It is Well with My Soul”

Popular Posts