A Celebration!

It's past my bedtime here in India (and it would be past my bedtime if I was back home too). I just came back from bidding a bon voyage to the East West team headed back to the US. When I went into the lobby there were balloons everywhere, a camera crew and women arriving "dressed to the nines" as they say down south.

I was curious to what was creating all the "paparazzi" and elegance? Did I miss the announce of "Bran-Jolina"? Was a famous Bollywood actor arriving? What could it be?

Suddenly, the movie cameras and photographers moved towards the entrance. I was excited. I was about to witness something. I wasn't sure what but hey when in Rome - wait this is India! All heads turned as the door was open to the arriving vehicle. Out stepped a beautiful woman stunningly dressed and a dapper gentleman holding a bewildered toddler in a white dress. Who were these people? Was I missing something? Were they important dignitaries or celebrities People magazine doesn't cover?

I turned to Benhur and said, "Are they famous?" He laughed, "No sister, they are rich." I inquired further not willing to think a bank account could account for the festivities. "What is the celebration?" To which I was informed it was the little girl's first birthday.

The team came downstairs in the midst of the poses, the pinching of the cheeks and the pats and poo-pah-has over the child. I gave the low down on the high brows. "It's her birthday." With a sardonic grin, one of the ladies said, "She probably doesn't even know how SPECIAL she is."

I told her I would have to write about that!

WE are that special! The 100 village children ministered to on this day are THAT special. The King and creator of the universe makes THAT much (even more actually) fanfare over each one of His children. The father carried the child with pride and invited all his most important friends to acknowledge the day she was born. The child didn't have a clue.

So many of us don't.

Our Father does.

At the end of every dirt path, in each village and inside huts made of palm fronds and plastic are the esteemed of the Lord. There are people who need to know they are not forsaken, or forgotten but forgiven. They have a chance to be adopted and accepted into Royalty!

Today over 100 children and adults heard an invitation from the King of Kings to the biggest celebration of all.

Taking pictures at the party!
Smiling behind the "lens" of service
Charlynn
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Popular Posts