Off to Battle

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Once again, I am sending out the call to arms! I have just been in the US for a little over one week, and find myself called back to duty down near San Antonio, TX (not such a long drive and no airplanes are involved). It is with great privilege I have been asked to participate at the first Joni & Friends retreat for returning wounded soldiers from Iraq and Afghanistan.

What began as an unsure position with few children on the role, has turned into 4 full days of very active duty serving close to 25 children. We have lots of amazing activities planned: rock wall climbing, Nascar simulator, fishing tournament, fire truck with demonstration, and of course clowning around. Sunshine After Rain Ministries (through the generous contribution of supporters) has underwritten Trail Rides for all of the kids to participate, as well as providing funding for a soldier and his family of four children to attend (they were the last on the waiting list).

Please pray for strength, health and heart. My dear aunt who has accompanied me to Family Retreats for the last 5 years will be coming along to be my right hand clown! I have also enlisted the services of the Family Retreat Child II Director to work alongside us in the children's program. We need all hands on deck, all hearts in prayer, and all spirits lifting us high as the enemy will seek to retain his stronghold of discouragement and despair among these courageous soldiers.

There is a very real and present danger as we move into the enemies territory. We are committed, we are armed for the battle through your prayers and financial support, and we are ready to bring down strongholds!

For information on the speakers who will be encouraging the soldiers, visit the following websites:

http://www.lifewithoutlimbs.org/

http://jspinks.org/

http://www.joniandfriends.org/about_joni.php

God bless you, God bless us, God bless our troops, and God bless America!

Smiling, serving and saying AMEN,

Popular Posts