A Measuring Reed

A few weeks ago, I was reading in Ezekiel where the Lord instructed the prophet to write down the dimensions of the Temple. I confess, reading details like these in measurements I don't understand and frankly am not sure why I sure care about, I am tempted to skip on to the "good" stuff. You know the part where the justice of God is meted out against the enemies!

I realize however, the exact details and measurements are given to make sure we understand the "concrete" reality of the new Temple, the new Heaven the dimensions may not make much sense while we live in cities of concrete and steel - oh but one day, gates of pearl and fine gemstones. Not to mention the streets of gold!

Last night, at the foreign teachers fellowship, I think the "kingdom here on earth" could have been measured in the 10'x12' room. The participants went around the room making brief introductions of their name and country of origin. What a fulfillment of the prophecy, "all nations will praise the name of the Lord." Madagascar, Botswana, Tanzania, Rwanda, America, Hungary, Holland, Germany, Australia and of course one itinerant clown.

Each week, they meet together and praise the Living God, have Bible study, encourage one another and PRAY FOR THE HARVEST. Some are students, some are teachers, some are starting businesses as an avenue to share the Good News but ALL are about the King's business.

I was exhausted after the day at the Jinan orphanage, and yet I knew being among brothers and sisters in Christ from distant lands united for one purpose would strengthen me for the remainder of the task set before me.

Many students accompanied our group to the visit the children. I took many pictures for the Jinan group of adoptive parents so they can share with the children now living in the States the faces of their friends who have not forgotten them (on either side of the ocean).

I have noticed many changes here, in the eight years I have visited, but many things remain the same. I would say, the biggest one is the great number of people who have never heard the Good News or have any hope in the greater love of the Living God.

Keep praying. Keep holding up the harvest workers who live far from comfort and familiar things. Pray for their stamina, health, and unity.

Tomorrow I leave for Beijing. I will be connecting with friends flying in from the States a few hours after I arrive. Pray for their connections and rest on their long flights from America. Tuesday night I will have dinner with a few former students who have helped me down through the years. Pray for their hearts to be open to hearing the Good News, as they have seen the love of Christ displayed many times.

Wednesday we will spend the day making purchases for the orphanage. Pray for good negotiated prices so we can buy even more needed items for the children.

Thursday we will spend the afternoon with the children and then off to the University for a performance for the students at the Technical College. Friday will begin the process of our journey home.

Close to 800 University students, orphans and public school children have heard the work of the mighty King. They have ALL heard the meaning of the celebration of Christmas. Pray for harvest hands to reap mightily during this "season" of the Greatest Gift!

Packing up and moving on!

Popular Posts