Protest

I am surrounded!

At home, I have been invaded by a cyclical round of fruit flies in spite of my best internet advised efforts to defeat them.

Presently, I am surrounded by all ages and races of aggravated people waiting at the Department of Motor Vehicles. We are passing time noting that no one has been called for the past 20 minutes. It is lunch time in the back rooms of bureaucracy and the masses are maddening.

A protest by the impatient could erupt at any moment now!

By cultural standards we are not a very patient bunch. When I have encountered or caused "waits" in the third world, I catch myself apologizing. The hosts are quick to point out they are used to waiting. Waiting for medical treatment, waiting for the electricity to come on, waiting for water, waiting for relief.

As I prepare my heart and soul to transition to another place, another culture, and another pace of life - I am taking these daily dilemmas as good training.

I have been fortunate to have real soldiers for friends. When I think of the training they endure, the physical and emotional rigors to learn to serve OUR country, maintain OUR freedom and "follow orders," I am humbled. If only the Body of Christ had 1/10 of the discipline and understanding of working together to conqueror and take back territory, our world would be a different place.

In preparation for working with the Marines Special Operations Command (MARSOC) the volunteers were given the book, "Beyond the Yellow Ribbon." The following excerpt could be instructional and good advice if the word military were replaced with the word "Church."

"The military (Church) is formed by taking the "average citizen" and making him or her into a soldier. This means the average citizen has to learn how to "think like a soldier" and be obedient to superiors. This strong chain of command allows the military to function ... To be effective, a unit needs to be a collection of soldiers who think and act in unison."

If believers acted "in unison" and were "obedient to the Superior" what a difference we could make. It is hard to walk in the faith of not "seeing" the money in the bank to make a trip halfway across the world. My team members and my act of "obedience" depends on hundreds of acts of obedience on the part of those who are supporting financially and with prayer. It takes us all to accomplish this mission!

Big news was made this week in Cuba. Family members of jailed political dissidents have been marching every Sunday for the last seven years. Known as the "ladies in white" these dedicated women openly protested against the regime and brought worldwide attention to the cause.


That is almost a years worth of Sunday's - spent walking the cobblestone streets of Havana. Their protest resulted in the release of their loved ones.

Millions of people around the world are imprisoned by lies of the enemy. Lies that God is not good (at best) and non-existence (at worst). We aren't functioning as a military or obediently following the great commission to "Go!" Even though I do go, the perseverance of these Cuban's made me realize I am nowhere near as committed to the lost - to see them released from the bondage of sin.

Let's protest.

In our hearts, our minds and souls for those the Lord has called us to seek and save! Let's give up a latte and contribute to getting "troops" in the field. We are ready to go. But we still need a great deal of financial support to get us there.

If you have supported us financially, bless you. If you are supporting us through the ammunition of intercessory prayer, God bless you. If you are waiting and wondering what to do - join the unit that is headed to the African plains. Think like a soldier and give what you can.

You can now contribute online with a credit card at: http://www.sunshineafterrain.org/.

Soldiering on
Listening to the General


"He led me to a place of safety; He rescued me because He delights in me." Psalm 18:19

Popular Posts