An Other Land

I am finalizing my packing today. I try and leave one day free for the unexpected before I take off into the wild blue yonder. But the winter skies over Texas have been a dull gray lately; nothing blue about them, and I have aged-out of "wild." The "yonder" I am always ready for.

This morning I felt as though I was having a bout of S.A.D. (Seasonal Affected Disorder) caused by lack of sunshine. "Oh me, oh my, why can't the sun just shine." As I was pondering this dilemma, I realized the absolute hopelessness of those without the Son. Their dismay doesn't stem from clouds, but the spiritual darkness that imprisons them.

As I have told friends I am going to Mexico, this look comes across their faces. "You're kidding right? Don't you know how dangerous it is there?" Then, they stifle a laugh realizing what they just said, all while quickly correcting themselves by acknowledging most places I go are considered "dangerous."

It is a new year, and Chiapas, Mexico is a new territory the Father has opened the door for me to step through. I will be traveling with the Director of Orphan Minstry at East West International to prepare for future teams to serve there.

"...show us courage instead of fear, and faith instead of fright. He's the One who "every year you grow, you will find bigger." Prince Caspian Book 2 Chronicles of Narnia - C. S. Lewis

Over Christmas, I took a suitcase full of books for the orphanage in Ghana. I included The Chronicles of Narnia series as well as a companion book to help parents explain the "hidden" allegories for their children. As I was packing up and thumbing through the explanation volume, I thought, "Wow, I wish I would have had this explained to me when I read it." Needless to say when I returned I ordered a copy for myself.

It was refreshing to read some of the passages (above and below) with a fresh perspective. Every year my prayer is to see God in a bigger way in the places and people I experience. I pray to show and to share His story in a fresh light. I pray to ignite passion for the lost. I pray to set captives of deception free by the truth of salvation. I pray to give the sight of God's overwhelming love to those blinded by poverty of spirit. I pray to take the hand of those made lame by crippling circumstance and help them rise to praise the God who heals. I pray to grow in grace.

I pray.

"This is the very reason why you were brought to Narnia," Aslan says to the children, "that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there." Voyage of the Dawn Treader Book 3 Chronicles of Narnia - C. S. Lewis

I pray to know the Lion of Judah better in the land of Mexico.

Listening for the roar!


To participate financially with our outreach in Mexico, please visit our website: www.sunshineafterrain.org

Popular Posts