Do the Work...

... of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry." 2 Timothy 4:5

Dark has fallen hard on this last night we will spend in Africa. Once again I find myself under the false security of the mosquito net that encapsulates my bed. I may be protected from the flying blood suckers outside, but as it takes a full five minutes to straighten and arrange the flimsy curtain, I surely trapped at least a dozen or more inside with me. My legs are a witness to my exposure!

I crossed an ocean, battled porters, resettled into a new hotel, had our last day of conferences AND preached a sermon this morning to the English speaking congregation of the Evangelical Lutheran Church here in Dar es Salaam since our last report. All I could think of as I lay my head on the pillow (well other than trying to swat the beasts that were besetting me) was "I am SPENT!"

I remembered Paul's note to Timothy where he said, "I am already being poured out like a drink offering, AND THE TIME HAS COME FOR MY DEPARTURE." 2 Timothy 4:6

I'm preparing for another departure:
We are homeward bound tomorrow at 1:00 pm CST.

I have fought another good fight on foreign soil.
We have held two Women's Leadership Conferences, a Training Seminar for Sunday School teachers and evangelists and concluded today with a "short-notice" sermon when the youth leader scheduled fell ill.

I have finished the race:
Over 200 women and men were discipled and encouraged, strengthened and motivated in their Christian walk.

I have kept the faith:
In spite of dwindling resources, inadequate funding, little budget input, no information about where we would stay - we came. We believed we were called according to God's plan and purpose and He would make a way.

He certainly did!


Spent, spilled out, but smiling
In His service
Charlynn in dark Dar

Popular Posts