Who Will Roll the Stone?

"And they were saying to one another, "Who will roll away the stone for us from the entrance of the tomb?" Mark 16:3

I have aged!

In the time since my return from East Africa another birthday has been crossed off the calendar and I am one year older and wiser. How much longer can I, will I continue to make these trans-oceanic flights? As noted, I am NOT getting any younger, the travel is not getting easier, but my burden for the lost and broken of this world is growing greater. We are all one day closer to heaven whether or not we realize or admit it.

In one of our final meetings with the leadership in Tanzania, our host affirmed how difficult the whole process had been. She related the scripture in Mark when the women went to the tomb of their Master with oils to anoint His body. They KNEW they had no way to get in to do the job, but they went anyway.

She turned to us and said, "Sisters, there was so much that you did not know, but you came anyway! What was impossible for us to accomplish God had already taken care of."

Once again, I am packing up the "oils of ministry" and setting off for a "tomb" I have no way of entering. This weekend I will be heading up to Maryland to work with Wounded Warriors who are undergoing treatment at military facilities on the East Coast.

The opportunity came with short notice and little time to request funding. But when I heard the soldiers and their families arrive ON September 11, I knew it was a place I had to be.

For this generation, remembering "Where were you on 9-11?" has become the same iconic question that for my generation was "Where were you when Kennedy was assassinated?" This year marks the tenth anniversary of the attack and the day the world changed forever.

Soldiers went off to foreign soil to protect and defend, to be wounded and die, and to be forever altered mentally by the horror and tragedy of a broken world under the influence of evil and terror.

It is with great honor that I serve those who selflessly guard my freedom.

Pray for divine encounters

Pray for spiritual and emotional healing

Pray for the weather as the East Coast is currently being affected by the tropical storms

Pray for FUN! This getaway offers the family a reprieve from the medical and military environment that has become their new normal

Pray for the speakers and leadership to be directed by the Holy Spirit to influence the hearts and minds of those attending

Pray for the volunteers (like me) who are showing up for duty!

Pray for ministry funding that continues to be at an all time low

"And I searched for a man among them who should build up the wall and stand in the gap before Me for the land..." Ezekiel 22:30

Getting out the bricks and mortar with a smile!

Popular Posts