Let All Creation Praise Him

Around me, the unusual melodious Sinhalese language was praising Him. On occasion, I would recognize certain universal words of faith " Jesus" "Shaddai" "Hallelujah". The faithful gathered at the village church for resurrection Sunday. I confess the heat was a distraction for this light-skinned middle-aged American. The tin roof invited the sun to increase its energy.

The windows were cut outs of the cinderblock building, free of glass, but protected with ornamental iron work, artistically depicting crosses and other Christian symbols.

From my honored front row seat, I had a view of magnificence. Outside the confines of the church, lay the jungle. As I focused on the foliage, I would catch glimpses of lizards making their way across branches, butterflies fluttering from flora and fauna, and multi-colored hummingbirds enjoying the nectar of His provision.

If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
Matthew 6:30

With the occasional blessed breeze the limbs of the palm trees would wave a natural greeting. As I sat in my own world midst a language I could not comprehend - there is a language I am very familiar with.

His language and His words that proclaim -

"All nations will call upon the name of the Lord.."

His truth -

For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
Isaiah 55:12


Popular Posts