Lights, Cameras, Action!

LIGHTS!


Christmas lights are up all across the city of Dallas . We had a small “cold front,” but it left as quickly as it came. Today, it is almost 70 degrees and it does not feel like Christmas at all. It seems like a balmy day where anything could happen. What is happening in the weather of my apartment is quite usual. There are no “stockings hung by the chimney with care,” foremost because I don’t have a fireplace, but there is not one trace of a Christmas bobble because I won’t be home for Christmas. I can guarantee, I won’t be dreaming about being here either. I will find myself once again in the Harvest Fields of West Africa. The people are dark of skin, but the harvest is white! I suppose I can safely say, I will be having a “White Christmas” indeed. It will not be one that will change with the seasons or temperatures. It will be an eternal one based on the “real” reason for this season we have so commercialized.

CAMERAS!


In this fast-paced culture we live in, everything is being filmed and posted on-line. Celebrities who are caught having just a little too much cheer are uploaded and scandalized before the limo pulls into their driveway. I get the usual amount of forwarded emails meant to lift my spirits and supposedly, I will confirm my “Christian” status if I forward the information to at least 10 people. I just exhale and take a look at whatever inspiration was sent my way, and try not to be too cynical or Scrooge-like. I watched this “caught-on-film” moment and wept. Okay, so I always cry at Handel’s Hallelujah chorus, but this made me picture what could be a “Rapture” moment. Suddenly, in an uncommon place, the Name will be proclaimed, and then I suppose if it is anything like the Left Behind series, just our clothes will be left for others to wonder about. This incident took place in a shopping mall food court and… what can I say… but

Hallelujah! A King is Born. King of Kings, Lord of Lords, forever and ever, Hallelujah.

(view video at: http://www.youtube.com/user/AlphabetPhotography)

ACTION!


I’m taking action this Christmas. The One who broke into our history, asks that we tell His – Story. There is no better time of year than now to share the Good News. The One who created all things, and by whom all things are held together is asking us to come and see. Pick out your favorite Christmas Carol and sing like there is no tomorrow.

Because there just might not be.

But for today~

“The kingdom of this world is become the kingdom of our Lord. And of His Christ; And He shall reign for ever and ever! “

And although I am smiling in His service, it still makes me cry at times.

Popular Posts