Appointed Work

"Eventually the news is going to get out. This and only this has been my appointed work: getting this news to those who have never heard of God, and explaining how it works by simple faith and plain truth..." 1 Timothy 2:7

Our last day of worship, as the hands were held high and the hallelujahs proclaimed loudly it made me wonder what the week would bring. As I return to worship “American Style” how have I been changed to see the earnestness of prayer and true worship and praise?

Because of my Baptist background the fervor and length of the Pentecostal services can seem redundant to me – but then my Spirit quickens to remind me – God is worthy to be praised for hours and hours throughout eternity!

Each day our cup has overflowed with joy and “field work”. Once as we were driving I broke out in the chorus “Bringing in the Sheaves”. However, my young companions laughed and said “we’ve never heard of these tunes, are you making them up?”

Yesterday as we were leaving Hubli the Pastor drove us the short cut to the orphanage. It was easy to see why he took the long way through the fields to avoid exposing us to the sites of the slums. My heart broke.

“He who goes out weeping carrying seeds to sow will return with songs of joy carrying sheaves with them” Psalm 126:6

The Father has entrusted me with so much. Seeing the “reality” of the world and having faith that will not fail. My prayer is to be the one to “strengthen the brethren.” Not just in meetings in churches around the globe but also the ones at home who don’t “GO” but that I may give them the eyes to see the ears to hear the cries of the poor and the heart to respond.

Popular Posts