Time After Time

"Lying in my bed - I hear the clock tick and think of you"

Last day in China -
I woke up late, well rested and ready to get the show on the road. I tried finishing my thoughts on the orphanage visit, but was too emotionally overwhelmed by remembrance of the images of smiles and joy on the children's faces. Even now, I fight back the tears.

Star World TV was carrying the AMC Music Awards. One of the featured performances was a duet of Cyndy Lauper's "Time After Time".

"When you're lost and you look you will find me.. time after time. If you fall I will catch you I'll be waiting..."

Sometimes the sadness of the goodbyes makes me feel as though I am falling into a pit of too many farewells - always leaving a piece of me behind and no one waiting to welcome and refill my cup of kindness poured out - now very empty..

"Whatever you do to the least of these, you have done so unto Me"

The smile on the upturned face of a small girl - her desire to "look like me" and have glitter and sparkles on her face - her squeals of delight as her nose shined red and her eyes were covered in golden glitter that twinkled in the sunlight - what have I done? What have I left? What have I more to gain than this?

It was if I was looking into the face of my King - so happy I was there, so happy to touch me, to wrap waiting arms around my legs - to show off His big grin and reassure me of His love - through a tiny orphan girl in a broken body but a big smile!

"If you fall I WILL catch you - I will be waiting"

All the time!

Popular Posts