Googlee-eyed

"Your teacher will be right there, local and on the job, urging you on whenever you wander left or right: "This is the right road." Isaiah 30:21 The Message

I made it!

More importantly the Road Warriors covered 77 miles today without incident or accident, in spite of a later than anticipated start.

If you happened to check your email you might have sensed my state of high-anxiety about driving this monstrous metal machine down the Texas highway. The second biker (Lee) remarked at my composure (or lack thereof) by asking why I didn't drive some of the 650 miles from Dallas. "Wouldn't that have been a good idea? I'm just saying," he wryly added while strapping on his cycle helmet confident his day was about to be a great deal tougher than mine.

"Why, yes - what a fabulous thought IF WE HADN'T BEEN DRIVING THROUGH A HURRICANE FOR THE LAST TWO DAYS." Foot about to be attached to bicycle pedal first went in mouth.

But technology was on my side today. After watching me fumble and sweat on Alec's iPad, he redeemed himself by offering to leave his cell phone Garmin. "His what?" you might be saying as did I. "Look, it will talk to you while you're driving. I'll just punch in the city and the voice of a nice calm lady will tell you which way to turn and just where to exit. If you make a mistake, she will adjust the directions for you. You won't have any problem at all."

He was right. Between God, the Garmin and some "nice lady voice," I didn't.

During our two day drive here, Alec was busy checking camping locations using the latest greatest technological advancement I think since the WHEEL! Schooling me with the modern marvel known as an iPad, he said, "Look mom, all we have to do is touch Maps, then hit the little locator button. Now watch the little blue bean flashing on the screen. That's us driving down the road see it move? Now move your fingers across the screen to zoom in."

It was crazy. I felt like a James Bond girl. Well, at least Mrs. Moneypenny with a fancy spy gadget. With this thing you can actually place a point on the map and zoom down to street level and take a 360• look around. And then zoom back out to see all of Texas or the world for that matter. I am officially "googlee-eyed" by Google by George!

"I look up at Your macro-skies, dark and enormous, Your hand-made sky jewelry, moon and stars mounted in their settings. Then I look at my micro-self and wonder, why do You bother with us? Why take a second look our way? Psalm 8:4 The Message

In the year of our Lord 2011, we were able to watch ourselves move across the road utilizing a satellite that beamed information to an unattached flat screen sitting on my lap. If we can do that - how much more can the Creator of the Universe do?! Count the number of hairs on my head indeed!

We had to drive 50 miles from their stopping point just to reach a camp ground. There is NOTHING out here (Google Map confirms). We will drive back tomorrow morning, I will drive forward for 20 or so miles and try and stop inconspicuously on the service road, wave at the passing Border Patrol vehicles and wait. AND pray.

There is a stretch of the journey where there is no side road for the cyclists and they must use the actual Interstate 10. The legal speed limit is 80 mph making for some dangerous travel time. Pray for safety, discernment and continued strength.

"You who sit down in the High-God's presence, spend the night in Shaddai's shadow, say this, "God, You're my refuge. I trust in you and I'm safe!" Psalm 91:1

I'm also smiling
In His service
Charlynn

Follow us on FACEBOOK -
"Road Warrior for Real Warriors"

Support the cause:
Financial donations (per mile or specific amount) can be made to the Joni and Friends San Antonio office.

In the memo, write:
Road Warrior/Alec Johns
Joni and Friends San Antonio
1370 Pantheon Way #165
San Antonio, TX 78232

To make a donation online by credit card please visit our website:
www.sunshineafterrain.org



Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Popular Posts