Wake Up!

The "Road Warrior for Real Warriors" adventure has begun. Alec and I drove south of Dallas to Lee's (the other cyclist) and finished loading up our house on wheels for the next two weeks. I will only be driving the first portion of the journey. As I said, this is the most dangerous. It skirts the Texas-Mexico border and is in wide-open territory. In other words, lots of places for illegal activity.

Today, there are high gusty winds coming across the Texas plains. Alec said it feels like he is driving a bus while the Jolly Green Giant is trying to push us over! It's a fight with the wheel, with the road and with the 18-wheelers that whiz by.

It reminded me of the disciples on the Sea of Galilee in the midst of the storm. They were fighting against the elements. Finally, with Jesus asleep in the bow, they yelled, "Wake up! Don't you care we are about to drown?"

Jesus stood up and held His hands to command the winds, "Peace be still." And the winds and the waves obeyed.

Wake Him up for us. We need these winds to calm down. I sense His presence. Now I want to see His power!

The answer my friends, I'm blowing in the wind.

But you can know I have a smile on my face because I am in His service!
Charlynn

Follow us on FACEBOOK - "Road Warrior for Real Warriors"

Support the cause:

Financial donations (per mile or specific amount) can be made to the Joni and Friends San Antonio office. In the memo, write: Road Warrior/Alec Johns

Joni and Friends San Antonio
1370 Pantheon Way #165
San Antonio, TX 78232"

To make a donation online by credit card please visit our website:
www.sunshineafterrain.org

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Popular Posts